That’s a wrap! As the term draws to a close and we begin the festive period, we would like to take this opportunity to wish those celebrating, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! But first, here’s all latest news at Rackets Academy! Find out who won our Mrs Miyagis Ladies League and check out our interview with Steph Edwards. Read this week’s Rule and Tip of the Week from Coach Dean and don’t forget to sign your kids up to our Multi-Sport and Performance Camps over the festive break. Our Rackets Academy Head 30K Winter Championships commence in a few days, sign up today if you’ve not done so already…Read on!
Mrs Miyagis Ladies League: Season 6 – Results & Winners
As another great season draws to a close for our lovely Ladies League Players, we would like to say thank you and well done to you all. We’ve seen some fantastic tennis during the tournament! Results from week 10 and 11 matches are below.
Congratulations to our champions, Queens of the Court (Coach Luca’s team) for winning Division A and to our champions, Bulldogs (Coach Jordan’s team) for taking the trophy for Division B following their victory against The Aces in the play off this week! Well done ladies on a fantastic tournament!
Rackettes vs Baseliners
Line 1: 6-1 6-1 (winner: Rackettes)
Line 2: 6-3 6-4 (winner: Rackettes)
Overall Winner: Rackettes
Queens of the Court vs The Match Makers
Line 1: 6-3 6-4 (winner: Queens of the Court)
Line 2: 6-1 7-6 (winner: Queens of the Court)
Overall Winner: Queens of the Court
The Aces vs Bulldogs (Playoff)
Line 1: 1-6 0-6 (winner: Bulldogs)
Line 2: 6-3 6-2 (winner: The Aces)
Overall Winner: Bulldogs
30K Rackets Academy Head Winter Championships – Sign up TODAY!
There’s still a few days left to sign up for our Rackets Academy Head Winter Championships for a chance to WIN AED 30,000 prize money! Don’t delay, sign up today! See below for more details.
- Date: 13th December 2020 – 2nd January 2021
- Entry fees in accordance with Tennis Emirates Regulations
- Multiple category entries allowed
- Matches will be played Rackets Academy, Motor City and Atlantis Hotel, The Palm
To register, email you name and mobile number to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited, so sign up TODAY for a chance to WIN AED 30,000 prize money!
Festive Holiday Multi-Sports Kids Camp – Sign Up Today!
Don’t forget our Multi-Sports Camp is running once again over the festive break. Sign your kids up today so that they can have fun, burn off some energy and hang out with other kids. Activities include; tennis, football, splash session, XFit Kids, Dodgeball and Boxing. See below for more details…
- Week 1 (5 days) – Sun 13th December – Thurs 17th December
- Week 2 (5 days) – Sun 20th December – Thurs 24th December
- Week 3 (5 days) – Sun 27th December – Thurs 31st December
- Fitness First – Mudon
- Fitness First – Arabian Ranches 2
- Fitness First – The Lakes, Emirates Hills
- Fitness First – Town Center, Springs
- Drop Off: 8.30-9.00am
- Pick Up: 12.30-1.00pm
- AED 150 per day
- AED 665 for the week
- 10% Fitness First member or sibling discount available
- Fun games and prizes and different activities every day
- Drinks and snacks not included
For any questions or to sign up, please email email@example.com or WhatsApp 052 992 8595.
High Performance Camp – Sign up today!
There are still spaces available for our Performance and Elite Players to sign up for the Rackets Academy High Performance Camp.. sign up today!
- 13th – 31st December 2020
- Rackets Academy – Motor City
- Sunday – Thursday – Elite Players
- Coaches: Petar & Lucca
- 1 day = 300dhs / 2 days = 500dhs / 3 days = 750dhs
Places are limited, so book your child in ASAP to avoid disappointment. For any questions or to sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 052 992 8595.
Interview with Steph Edwards
This week’s interview is with our lovely Rackets Academy Ladies League Player, Steph Edwards.
1. Who is your favourite professional player?
John McEnroe 😂
2. Who is your favourite Rackets Academy Coach?
Simon! He’s always so positive and uplifting!
3. Why do you love tennis?
Because it’s a great workout and way more fun than going to the gym!
4. How did you get into tennis?
I was a bored expat wife and couldn’t find an adult volleyball team 😆
5. How long have you been playing tennis for?
8 years (off and on in between having babies)
6. List 3 things you like about Rackets Academy
1. Great coaches
2. Family-like community
3. Awesome facilities all over Dubai!
Rule of the Week
You have to be 100% sure the ball was out to call it, if in any doubt give your opponent the benefit of the doubt.
Coach Dean’s Tip of the Week
“Always encourage your partner during a doubles game, don’t teach them. This will keep them trying to play good tennis as opposed to standing still not wanting to make a mistake
Follow us on social media…
Facebook: Rackets Academy Dubai